Diu Fort Heritage Walk
While Diu was being built as Fortified town, the Portuguese considered these inner dynamics and logics that they wanted to inscribe into urban space. The Diu Fort which is one of the 7 Portuguese origin wonders of the world, was the place which had barracks for the garrisons stationed, a prison for the convicts and the residence for the Governor, which was later shifted to the Governor’s palace on Fort Road. This trail is an exploratory experience of The Fort of Diu, an expansive and imposing structure situated on the extreme coast of the Island on the eastern side. The Fort commands a magnificent view of the sea and its surrounding areas.
• Get a vivid introduction to the most breathtaking and historically strategic part of Diu from our friendly Storyteller.
• Discover what led to the Portuguese building the Fort of Diu.
• Immerse yourself in the stories of battles and siege wars that were fought to gain control of Diu.
• Get insights on Portuguese Astro-navigation and what makes the Portuguese great navigators.
• Explore the legendary structures of the Fort that would take you back to another era.
Choose your start time for Diu Fort Heritage Walk between 08:00 AM & 05:00 PM
Meeting Point : Diu Fort Entrance
Duration : ~1.5 hours
Cost : INR 100 / person
COVID19 Health & Safety Measures:
- We will be providing face masks and sanitizer.
- All our tour presenters and hosts will be wearing a face mask and hand gloves.
- We will avoid physical contact with guests like handshakes.
- All enclosed spaces will be sanitized.