Firangiwada Heritage Walk
Firangiwada which is outside the fort, was a small hamlet where the Portuguese nobility, the Viceroys and Fidalgos who settled in Diu lived, with those who converted to Christianity. Various Lusitanian structures like churches, institutions and residential homes in Indo-Portuguese architectural style were built in this area. In this trail, the Indo-Portuguese architectural style can be seen on facades, the use of motifs, iconography, Corinthian pillars, Shell motifs and built in rich Baroque style fusing Classical, Neo-Mannerist orders of architecture.
• Get a vivid introduction to the part of Diu which has a strong Portuguese influence when Diu was part of Estado Da India from our friendly Storyteller.
• Discover what lured the Portuguese into Diu and the strategy behind building the Fortress of Diu.
• Immerse yourself in the stories about the advent of the Jesuit order and the revered saints.
• Witness the marvelous Indo-Portuguese architecture, symbolism and iconography in Firangiwada.
• Visit some of the finest Baroque churches, memorials and explore the relics and artifacts from the medieval times
Choose your start time for Firangiwada Heritage Walk between 08:30 AM & 04:30 PM
Meeting Point : Khoja Zafar Memorial
Duration : ~1.5 hours
Cost : INR 100 / person
COVID19 Health & Safety Measures:
- We will be providing face masks and sanitizer.
- All our tour presenters and hosts will be wearing a face mask and hand gloves.
- We will avoid physical contact with guests like handshakes.
- All enclosed spaces will be sanitized.