Haveli Quarters Heritage Walk
At the heart of Diu lived the Vaniya community who were the dominant trading community. Another prominent community is that of the Vanzas (Weavers) and the Darjis (Tailors) who also played an integral part in the textile trade of Diu. Interestingly this area of Diu has strong Swahili influence in its architecture owing the maritime trade connection with East Africa.
This trail highlights the local heritage through the residential buildings colloquially known as Haveli, functional and devotional buildings built, maintained and conserved in oldest part of Diu which today is an amalgamation of Indian and Mozambique architecture while being firmly rooted to the local traditions.
• Get a vivid introduction to the oldest part of Diu when Maritime Trade across the Indian Ocean was at its from our friendly Storyteller.
• Get insight to the unique Indo-Mozambique architecture.
• Immerse yourself in the interesting stories, anecdotes and legends about the various communities, streets and Havelis.
• Visit some of the heritage buildings that today serve as temples.
• Get insights on traditional occupations in the Old Town.
Choose your start time for Haveli Quarters Heritage Walk between 08:30 AM & 05:30 PM
Meeting Point : Zampa Gate
Duration : ~1.5 hours
Cost : INR 100 / person
COVID19 Health & Safety Measures:
- We will be providing face masks and sanitizer.
- All our tour presenters and hosts will be wearing a face mask and hand gloves.
- We will avoid physical contact with guests like handshakes.
- All enclosed spaces will be sanitized.