Discover kaleidoscope of history in our carefully curated tour of Kushavati Heritage Trail
The tour of Kushavati Heritage Trail in south Goa showcases the Portuguese heritage and pre-Portuguese history dating over 1000 years. We are going to see parts of history going back not just hundreds of years, but thousands of years. So be ready to enter the time-machine, and we promise to bring you back!
The Kushavati River leads into the Zuari River and then to the Arabian sea. It was a lot more navigable in earlier times, and trade used to take place at Chandrapura where ocean going ships would call. The tour of Kushavati Heritage Trail highlights the interesting sites, beautiful scenery, and kaleidoscope of history to be found in the hinterland of Goa.
- A guided tour with a friendly English speaking tour presenter.
- See interior regions of Goa which are hardly explored by visitors
- Learn about the Portuguese and pre-Portuguese history of Goa
- Visit one or more heritage houses in Chandor.
- Traditional Goan lunch with welcome drink.
What to expect:
The tour starts from Margao in a comfortable air-conditioned SUV or minibus and visits Chandor, the ancient capital of Goa, where there are old historic houses, an ASI temple site, and the start of the Kushavati River. We then proceed inland, following the course of the river, to Rivona where there are ancient Buddhist caves, then on to Pansaimol where by the riverbank there are recently discovered pre-historic carvings in the rock. We move further inland to Netravali to visit the bubble lake temple before proceeding to an organic spice farm for lunch. Time permitting, on the return we can see some more interesting sights.
Cost starts from: INR 4000 per person
Timing: 09:00 AM – 06:00 PM
Starting Point: Ravindra Bhavan, Margao
- Local English Speaking Tour Leader
- Air-conditioned transport from and back to Ravindra Bhavan, Margao
- Entry to at least one Heritage Home
- Buffet Lunch and welcome drink
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Additional food and drinks.
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
– This Tour is organized by Make it Happen, Travel Designers a tour operation company committed towards curating and developing cultural and community based tours.
– By showcasing local artists and craftsmen we aim to preserve these dying arts forms. We will take you to a few recommended stores where you can buy local products. Shopping at these stores helps inject money into the local economy.
– Clean toilets are not available between Margao and Netravali, so it is recommended to use the facilities at Ravindra Bhavan and the Spice Farm only.
– Please follow instruction and safety guideline of our guides during the tour.– Be aware of people’s sensitivity to being photographed. Please ask first. Please take permission of the host before photographing inside the houses we visit.
– We are committed to a healthier planet. We recommend to carry reusable water bottles and avoid the use of disposable plastic bottles.