Experience the splendor of Saligao village in our Saligao Village Walking Tour
Take a walk through the village wards of Saligao while picturesque fields surround the settlement. Visit an Indo-Portuguese home and get a chance to meet some of Goa’s renowned artists in our Saligao Village Walking Tour. Witness the simple yet splendid village lifestyle.
Situated amidst picturesque surroundings of the typical Goan countryside is the Mae De Deus church at Saligao. Mae de Deus is stark, stern with a glamorous charm in contrast with Baroque style churches of Goa. The Mae de Deus church is a breathtaking sight with its Gothic spires and pristine white walls. It is among the finest in the Gothic style and is attractively illuminated at night.
Built in 1873, it is the finest example of Neo-Gothic architecture in Goa which is in contract to the Baroque style churches of Goa. It houses the miraculous statue of Mae de Deus. The statue was eventually brought from the ruins of the convent of Mae de Deus at Old Goa.
A walk through Saligao, one of the more prosperous villages of Goa, owing to the business acumen of its early settlers. The architectural aesthetics of Saligao today reflect the creative style of some of the renowned artists of Goa who have chosen to live a splendid village lifestyle.
– Tour hosted by a friendly English speaking tour presenter.
– Visit Goa’s only Gothic style church.
– Walk through the wards of Saligao village flanked by rice fields.
– Explore the narrow lanes lined with splendid heritage homes that highlight Indo-Portuguese architecture in Saligao.
– Discover the untold stories about migration.
– High tea at a heritage home.